Corks and Forks: Thursday, March 22, 2018
We are gearing up for another phenomenal event! The theme this year is New Orleans with cuisine from the region, select wines, and live music to enjoy. Proceeds from the event will benefit student scholarships and the UW-Fond du Lac Foundation.
UW-Fond du Lac, University Center Commons
400 University Drive, Fond du Lac
Live Auction, Cork Pull, 50/50 Raffle and more!
Individual reservations are $75 per person. Reservations are needed in advance by March 8, 2018. No walk-ins for this event.
Reserve your seat by mailing this form or by calling 920-929-1335.
Thank you to our sponsors for their generous support!
If you would like to support UW-Fond du Lac through a sponsorship, contact the UW-FDL Foundation office at email@example.com or 920-929-1335.
- Society Insurance
Golden Fork Marque Sponsors:
- Agnesian HealthCare
- C.D. Smith Construction, Inc.
- J.F. Ahern Co.
Silver Spoon Sponsors:
- Grande Cheese
- Michels Corporation
- Stuart's Landscaping & Garden Center
- Allen and Betty Buechel
- Fox Valley Savings Bank
- GOEBEL Insurance & Financial
- Holiday Automotive
- Longley Financial Group of Wells Fargo Advisors
- Mid-States Aluminum Corporation
- National Exchange Bank and Trust
- Schenck SC
- UW-Fond du Lac
- Dr. Daniel and Dr. Carleen Vande Zande
- Vue Campus Student Living
- USA Today Network Wisconsin
- Grande Cheese
- InStitches/Georgetown Cleaners
- Steve and Lynne Uecker
- Zacherl Funeral Home
2018 Corks & Forks Program Schedule
5:00 pm: Hors d'oeuvres and Live Music
Enjoy a selection of cuisines.
Cash Bar and Cork Pull.
- Crab cake with Spicy Remoulade ~ Tender Crab, Panko Bread Crumbs, onions, Peppers and Old Bay Seasoning flavor this New Olreans Classic.
- Silver Dollar Po-Boys ~ Fried Shrimp Tossed with Mayo horseradish and creole seasoning served in A Mini French Roll.
- Muffalatta Deviled eggs ~ Hardboiled Eggs filled with a Salami Ham filling and Topped with the Classic Creole Olive Tapanade.
- Crawfish Dip ~ Tender Crawfish Meat in a Pimento Cream Cheese Dip.
- Jazz provided by the Three Handsomes
6:00 pm: Four Course Dinner
Featuring New Orleans Cuisine with select wines.
- Beef Gumbo ~ Start with a well browned Roux, add beef, Veggies Sausage and Okra Flavor it with Gumbo File for this classic “Nola” Treat
- Hush Puppies ~ Corn meal is the Star of this deep fried onion flavored nugget
- Jambalaya ~ This dish is as varied as there are people making it. Our version has three kinds of sausage ham bacon and chicken vegetabes and a tomato chicken stock Mildly spicy but full of flavor.
- Chicken Fricassee ~ Slow cooked Fall off the bone chicken cooked in a thicken stock that Starts with the Southern “Holy Trinity” Onions, Celery and Assorted Peppers and finished off with Dry southern Wine.
- Pompano en Papilote ~ Pompano is a mild fish that is topped with a Crab, garlic and lemon butter then poached in a parchment Envelope for tenderness.
- Red Beans and Rice ~ is an emblematic dish of Louisiana Creole cuisine traditionally made on Mondays with red beans, vegetables (bell pepper, onion, and celery), spices (thyme, cayenne pepper, and bay leaf), cooked together slowly in a pot.
- Bananas Foster Bread Pudding with Beignets and Vanilla Bean Whipping Cream Garnish ~ Bananas cooked in a Brown sugar and cinnamon carmel served over Homemade bread pudding and served with the Classic “Café du Monde” Beignet.
7:00 pm: Presentation of Spirit of Excellence Award
Live Auction. 50/50 Raffle.