BIO 298 Special Topics in Biology: Florida Keys!
(3 credits NS/LS or non-credit option)
There's Still Time to Register, But Only TWO Spots Left!! Closing Registration June 1!
We are offering one trip this year: August 10-16, 2016 (open to current college students/adults and high school juniors and seniors)
This is a snorkel-based course that will introduce students to the life that inhabits the marine ecosystems of the Florida Keys. Students will travel to Marine Lab in Key Largo Florida for 7 full days of snorkeling, field trips, lab activities, fieldwork and discussions. Prior to heading to the Keys, students will complete an online orientation and introduction to the Florida Keys assignment and attend a face-to-face orientation to meet the other participants and learn about Sea Turtle Biology. After returning from the trip, students will complete and submit their final lab notebook and assignments for grading.
Fee: TBD (includes all travel, lodging, most meals, tuition and fees). A $400 non-refundable deposit is due at time of application.
Questions? Contact the Continuing Education Office at (920) 929-1155 or email@example.com
If you'd like to know how this class will transfer to other UW schools, visit the Transfer Information System
Department: BIO - Biology, Course Number: 298 - Special Topics in Biology
BIO 298 Registration:
The information below covers the steps that need to be completed to register for this course.
Registration is complete (and your seat on the boat is reserved) only after all of the steps below are completed.
Step 1: Submit a Registration Form and Required Forms
Print and complete the Registration Form
All students must accept and agree to the Terms and Conditions/Credit Agreement (TAC) prior to enrollment each semester.
Please print, complete,and return the TAC with the other required forms below (step 8). Your registration is not complete until all information is received.
FORMS -- Please print and complete the following forms:
- Marine Lab waiver: Please print and complete the Marine Lab waiver that corresponds with your age at the time of the trip.
Students under 18 years of age (NOTE: The form for minors needs to be notarized. Don't delay. Thank you.)
Students 18 and older
- Print and complete the UW-FDL Uniform Statement of Responsibility .
UW-FDL USR July 15-21, 2015
- Hidden Harbor Waiver (This is for the Turtle Hospital.)
- Print and complete the UW-FDL Liability Waiver and Information Sheet
- Print and sign the Student Travel Conduct Form
- Driver's License or other picture ID that you will use at the airport to check-in and board the plane. Please include a copy of the photo ID you will be using to check-in and board the airplane, and conceal any numbers used for identification(We will be ordering your plane ticket exactly as it appears on the ID you submit).
- Proof of Health Insurance (please make a copy of the front and back of insurance cards)
Submit the forms and docs to:
UW-Fond du Lac Continuing Education
400 University Drive
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Pay the $400.00 non-refundable deposit
Your seat on the boat is not reserved until the deposit has been paid.
Two forms of payment are accepted: check or cash ( do not send cash through the mail)
Checks or Cash:
Make checks payable to: UW-FDL
Mail to (checks only):
UW-FDL Continuing Education
400 University Drive
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Call or stop by:
Continuing Education office
Administration Building, Room AE-213
Step 2: Register as a UW-Fond du Lac student
If you have questions about the online application process, contact Student Affairs (920) 929-1122.
High School Students
Register as a "High School Special" at: Apply online. Be sure to choose "High School Special" for the type of student.
Note: You will need to supply your high school transcripts as part of the registration process.
Current UW-FDL Students
You are already a UW-FDL student. No action needed. Continue at Step 4 below.
Students of Other Colleges or Adults
Register as a "Summer Special" at: Apply online. Be sure to choose "Summer Special" for the type of student.
Step 3: Set up your PRISM account
Follow these directions to set up your PRISM account.
Step 4: Enroll in the Class
Once you have completed Steps 1 - 3 above, contact the Continuing Education Dept. (920) 929-1153 and request to be added to the class BIO 298: Special Topics in Biology.
Make sure you tell us wheter you are in the High School group or the College Student/Adult group.
Step 5: Final Payment
Final payment is due by April 15. For help making payments view UW-FDL Website Info
Step 6: Review the Following Information
- Parent Information Sheet (High School Participants)
- Packing List and Info (High School group)
- UW Colleges Alcohol and Drug Use Policy for Study Abroad (This is referred to in the UW-FDL Uniform Statement of Responsibility above.)
- "Student Rights and Regulations" (This is referred to in the UW-FDL Uniform Statement of Responsibility above.)
Step 7: Attend Pre-trip Meeting
The pre-trip meeting is scheduled for:
Dates: Saturday, June 20, 2015 9AM-3PM, ROOM C-243
Bring to the pre-trip meeting:
- Driver's License or other picture ID that you will use at the airport (The ID should match the ID you submitted to the Continuing Educatin office for the information on the plane ticket.)
- Any paperwork you have not yet submitted
- Photo of yourself (This should be a head shot and will not be returned to you.)
We are excited to share this opportunity with you and are available to answer any questions you may have.
Director of Continuing Education
UW-Fond du Lac