UW-Fond du Lac will be hiring and training one incoming freshman to work for two years in the Information Technology (IT) department. Here's your chance to gain valuable on-the-job training in the technology field as well as earn enough money to pay for your tuition and more! One full-time freshman will participate in this outstanding educational and job-training program. Students, who complete the first year of the program including summer training, academic year employment and following summer employment, will also receive a $1,000 stipend for the second year of participation in the program, to be paid $500 at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.
Students will assist campus Information Technology staff in:
- Troubleshooting hardware and software problems
- Help desk support for student computer labs
- Desktop support for faculty, staff, and students
- Software and hardware documentation
- Technical support of distance education classes
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Four day intensive training at UW-Marathon County.
- Ten thirty-hour weeks of summer employment
- Employment during the school year in the IT department at UW-FDL.
- Thirty hours per week of summer employment after freshman year and fifteen hours per week of employment during sophomore year.
- Strong academic record.
- Computer literacy (experience with e-mail, web browsing, word processing) is helpful.
- Personable and have experience working with people.
- If you are interested in being considered for this program, please submit the IT Student Application linked above and send it to the Information Technology Department at UW-Fond du Lac campus.