Students may pursue several options for transferring to and from the University and Solution Center staff will gladly assist in finding the ideal arrangement for past, current, and potential students. Student may also wish to visit the UW System's Transfer-Wisconsin website for detailed information about transfering between Wisconsin higher education institutions.
Anyone who has completed courses at another college or university is considered a transfer applicant.
Requirements for Transferring to UW-Fond du Lac
- Complete the University of Wisconsin System Online Application
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university you previously attended
- If you maintained a 'C' average or higher (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) at your previous college(s), you are likely to be admitted.
- If you are admitted and had less than a 2.0 semester or cumulative GPA, the UW Colleges regulations (probation, suspended standards) will be used to determine your probation status.
Information for WI Technical College students wishing to attend UW-Fond du Lac.
Financial Aid and Transferring
Financial aid doesn’t directly transfer between schools. Each institution creates an award package based on the cost of attendance of the institution, a student’s expected family contribution and the aid available at the school.
In order to receive aid from another institution students must release the FAFSA information to the new school by adding the institution’s school code to their FAFSA.
Adding a school code to a FAFSA:
- Log in to FAFSA and click on the “School Selection” tab at the top of the page.
- Search for the school or enter the federal school code to locate the school. UW Colleges school code: 003897
- Check the box next to the school and click “Add.” Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
- Choose your housing plans for that school from the dropdown. Click “next” at the bottom of the page.
- Go to the “Sign & Submit” tab at the top of the page. Enter your PIN to sign the form and click “Sign”.
- Click “Submit My FAFSA NOW” at the bottom of the page.