Scholarships are monetary gifts from community, private, and campus sources and are usually based on academic merit or some other criteria. Some scholarships also require verification of financial need. Therefore, all scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Scholarships for students at the University are supported by private donors, local businesses, and the annual fundraising event, Corks & Forks. No repayment of scholarships is required.
Scholarships for 2017-2018 Academic Year (Deadline: March 31, 2017)
The UW-Fond du Lac Foundation annually awards scholarships to new freshmen, returning adults, continuing and transfer students. Scholarship applications are accepted in the spring of the year for the following academic year (September through May).
To apply for a UW-Fond du Lac Foundation scholarship:
New and incoming transfer students
- Apply online to be a UW-Fond du Lac student. Contact the Solution Center at (920) 929-1122 if you need assistance.
- Establish your UW-Fond du Lac user name, e-mail and password. You will receive instructions on how to do this after you are admitted.
- Read the scholarship application directions. You may find it helpful to print this document.
- Only UW-Fond du Lac admitted students and continuing students are eligible to apply for UW-Fond du Lac Foundation Scholarships.
- Complete the online scholarship application form.
- Contact the UW-Fond du Lac Foundation office at (920) 929-1335 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help accessing or completing the scholarship application.
Scholarship awards are made on the basis of the following criteria:
- Cumulative earned grade point average (high school or college) and ACT score (high school)
- The student's personal essay of application
- Evidence of leadership activities
- Evidence of involvement in community or service activities
General information about scholarships:
- UW-Fond du Lac students have also received many scholarships from national, state, or local businesses and organizations.
- Scholarships are supported by private donors and the annual fundraising event Corks & Forks.
Berger Book Bag Fund
Applications accepted for fall semester June 1-August 1.
Applications accepted for spring semester November 1-January 1.
UW-Fond du Lac students can apply for funding by completing an application form and returning it to the Foundation Office.
The Berger Book Bag Fund is administered by the UW-Fond du Lac Foundation for the purpose of providing financial assistance to UW-Fond du Lac students who might otherwise have difficulty in purchasing needed books and academic supplies. The funding for this program is made possible through the generous gifts made to honor the memory of Joseph S. Berger, Jr., who with his father Joseph S. Berger, Sr., was instrumental in the establishment of the UW-Fond du Lac campus.
For more scholarship information contact your high school counselor and/or the Solution Center.