Scholarships are monetary gifts from community, private, and campus sources and are usually based on academic merit or some other criteria. Some scholarships also require verification of financial need. Therefore, all scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Campus foundations, local businesses, and other sources provide scholarships for students at the University. No repayment of scholarships is required
UW-Fond du Lac Foundation Scholarships
The UW-Fond du Lac Foundation annually awards scholarships to new freshmen and continuing students. Scholarship applications are accepted in the spring of the year for the following academic year (September through May).
Summer Scholarship Opportunity!
Summer Scholarship Opportunity - two $500 scholarships are available to students who have applied and have been admitted April 4-August 15, 2014. Deadline to submit application is August 22, 2014. View the summer 2014 scholarship application.
To apply for a UW-Fond du Lac Foundation scholarship:
- Complete a scholarship application form available as a PDF file below. You may also obtain a copy of this form from the UW-Fond du Lac Student Affairs Office, your high school guidance office or the UW-Fond du Lac Foundation
- Provide the requested letters of reference (see application form)
- Only UW-Fond du Lac applicants and continuing students are eligible to apply for UW-Fond du Lac Foundation Scholarships
Applications for the majority of scholarships offered for the upcoming 2014-15 academic year were due April 4, 2014. Applications for these scholarships are no longer being accepted. The next scholarship cycle will begin in spring of 2015. view the scholarship application.
Scholarship awards are made on the basis of the following criteria:
- Cumulative earned grade point average (high school or college)
- The student's personal essay of application
- Evidence of leadership activities
- Evidence of involvement in community or service activities
- Recommendations by references
General information about scholarships:
- UW-Fond du Lac students have also received many scholarships from national, state, or local businesses and organizations.
- Scholarships are supported by private donors and the annual fundraising event Corks & Forks.
Berger Book Bag Fund
Applications accepted for fall semester June 1-August 1.
Applications accepted for spring semester November 1-January 1.
UW-Fond du Lac students can apply for funding by completing an application formand returning it to the Student Affairs Office.
The Berger Book Bag Fund is administered by the UW-Fond du Lac Foundation for the purpose of providing financial assistance to UW-Fond du Lac students who might otherwise have difficulty in purchasing needed books and academic supplies. The funding for this program is made possible through the generous gifts made to honor the memory of Joseph S. Berger, Jr., who with his father Joseph S. Berger, Sr., was instrumental in the establishment of the UW-Fond du Lac campus.
For more scholarship information contact your high school counselor and/or the Student Affairs Office.