The Learning Commons (Library) offers FREE tutoring to all currently enrolled UW-Fond du Lac students.
Our goal is to enhance student learning outside of the classroom setting. Tutors are available for writing, math, and other academic areas based on student need. Tutors are hired because they have an interest in helping others and have been recommended by faculty as a good candidate. All tutors must go through a mandatory training session and maintain their own academic success. Tutors are available on a walk-in basis only.
How do I get help from a tutor?
Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Check the Tutor Schedule at the library entrance or call 920-929-1146 for information.
- Stop by the library front desk to check in.
- Let the tutor know what you need help with and have a seat!
- Bring all relevant materials to the tutoring session including textbooks, syllabus, class notes, assignments, etc.
- Plan to be an active participant in your session with the tutor.
- Academic success requires that you attend class, read assignments, take class notes, and attempt homework problems.
Things to Remember
- Tutors are NOT homework machines or miracle workers.
- Tutors will NOT have the answer to every question all of the time.
- Tutors are NOT the professor of your class.
- If you procrastinate all semester, working and cramming with a tutor the week before finals will NOT produce great results.
Disclaimer: These links are provided as an additional resource, and do not imply endorsement.